More information to come. Location TBD
- Wed, Nov 7, 2018, 12:30 pm to 1:30 pm
- Wed, Nov 14, 2018, 12:30 pm to 1:30 pm
More information and location to come...
- Tue, Nov 30, 1999, 12:00 pm to 1:20 pm
George L. Bustin is a Senior Counsel at Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP (New York) and is currently a lecturer at the Woodrow Wilson School at Princeton, where he is teaching a seminar on the relations between the European Union and the Russian Federation. He is also a Faculty Associate at LAPA. Mr. Bustin has published widely on the various aspects of European Union law, as well as trade and investment matters in the emerging market economies of Russia and Eastern Europe. He holds degrees from Princeton University and from the Harvard Law School.
- Tue, Nov 8, 2011, 12:00 pm to 1:20 pmAsle Toje is the Acting Research Director at the Norwegian Nobel Institute in Oslo, home of the Nobel peace prize. Tojeâ€™s research combines security studies and European studies. Since graduating from Cambridge University in 2006, Toje has published widely on European security and foreign policy. Among his last works is America, the EU and Strategic
- Wed, Feb 20, 2008, 4:30 pm to 6:00 pmSpeaker: Pierre Vimont, Ambassador of France to the United States Ambassador Vimont was appointed Ambassador of France to the United States by President Nicolas Sarkozy on August 1, 2007. Prior to his present appointment, Mr. Vimont was chief of staff to the minister of foreign affairs, a position he had held since 2002. He was previously ambassador and permanent representative of France to the European Union from 1999 to 2002. Pierre Vimont joined the French Foreign Service in 1977. He was posted to London where he was first secretary from 1978 to 1981.
- Fri, Apr 11, 2008, 12:00 pm to 1:20 pmSpeaker: George Bustin (LAPA Fellow)
- Tue, May 13, 2008, 12:00 pm to 1:20 pmSpeaker: Peter Kraus
- Mon, Oct 1, 2007, 4:30 pm to 6:00 pmSpeaker: Zaki Laidi (Institut d'Etudes Politiques, Paris) He is a Senior Research Fellow and Professor at the Institut d'Etudes Politiques de Paris (Sciences Po). He is the author of several books on globalization and international relations. Laidi is the founder and president of Telos, a web-based think-tank (co-sponsored with the Program on European Politics and Society)
- Fri, Apr 13, 2007, 12:00 pm to 1:30 pmSpeaker: Nicolas Jabko (Ph.D., University of California, Berkeley) is a senior research fellow at the Centre dâ€™Etudes et de Recherches Internationales of Sciences Po, Paris, where he teaches political science. He is the author of Playing the Market: A Political Strategy for Uniting Europe, 1985-2005 (Cornell University Press, 2006) and co-editor of the 8th volume of the State of the European Union (Oxford University Press, 2005).
- Fri, Apr 6, 2007, 12:00 pm to 1:30 pmSpeaker: Jacques Mistral. Jacques Mistral's professional experience extended from the academia to the government as well as to the private sector. As a Professor of Economics, he has had a long teaching career at the Institut d'etudes politiques and at Ecole Polytechnique. He has served as the Economic adviser to two French Prime Ministers, Mr Michel Rocard and Laurent Fabius.